Four Theory-to-Practice Grant and Travel-Learning Course Experiences

Learn how OWU’s Course Connections, Travel-Learning Courses, Theory-to-Practice Grants, and other programs prepare students for global citizenship and leadership and help them…Make the Connection.

Madeline Miguel ’14

Madeline Miguel ’14

Name: Madeline Miguel ’14
Major: General Zoology
Hometown: Shawnee, Kan.
Experiences:

• Theory-to-Practice Grant: Summer 2013, working with researchers at California State University of Northridge focusing on Mediterranean House Geckos and later attending the Joint Herpetology and Ichthyology Meeting hosted by the Society of the Study of Amphibians and Reptiles
  • Travel-Learning Course: May 2013, Island Biology, Ecuador
  • Travel-Learning Course: Spring Break 2012, Tropical Biology, Costa Rica
  • Theory-to-Practice Grant: Summer 2011, Holland/Netherlands, Poland, Germany, and Czech Republic to learn more about the Holocaust

“These courses really helped me discover what I want to do with the rest of my life! When I go to Herpetology meetings, people are amazed with the experiences that I have been able to have at the undergraduate level. It’s moments like these I’m proud to be an Ohio Wesleyan University student.”

Share This:Share on Facebook16Tweet about this on TwitterShare on LinkedIn0Share on Tumblr0Email this to someone

Comments: