DELAWARE, Ohio – Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the “best and most interesting” four-year colleges in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain, according to the “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2016,” which proclaims OWU to be “a small school with a big commitment to providing its students with a well-rounded education.”
Compiled by former New York Times education editor Edward B. Fiske, the yearly guidebook features “colleges and universities that offer the best academic experience for an affordable price.” The 2016 Fiske Guide also includes comments from current Ohio Wesleyan students on topics such as academics, campus setting, student body, financial aid, housing, food, social life, and extracurricular activities.
A highlight at Ohio Wesleyan, according to the new guide, is The OWU Connection curricular and co-curricular initiative, which “allows students to study a particular topic (such as water or poverty) in-depth over a long period of time, selecting courses from disciplines and departments throughout the university. It also includes a component of real-world experience, such as international travel opportunities to study or conduct original research, as well as internships and culminating senior projects.”
Asked by The Fiske Guide to describe Ohio Wesleyan to prospective students and families, current OWU students said:
- “I love this school and the city’s community. I think most students would not regret their decision to come here.”
- “The academic climate at OWU is a challenging one, with rigorous courses in every department.”
- “Our small class sizes mean that there are no TAs (teaching assistants) and there will be a personal connection with your professor, guaranteed.”
- “You can tell that our professors prepare themselves before stepping in front of the class and they really know what they are talking about.”
- “Ohio Wesleyan is a place where the education goes well beyond the classroom. The family atmosphere and the opportunities that the college provides you in a diverse environment enrich the entire college experience.”
Learn more about The OWU Connection at http://owuconnection.owu.edu, more about enrolling at Ohio Wesleyan at http://choose.owu.edu, and more about the “Fiske Guide to Colleges 2016” at www.sourcebooks.com.
Founded in 1842, Ohio Wesleyan University is one of the nation’s premier liberal arts universities. Located in Delaware, Ohio, the private university offers 86 undergraduate majors and competes in 23 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Ohio Wesleyan combines a challenging, internationally focused curriculum with off-campus learning and leadership opportunities to connect classroom theory with real-world experience. OWU’s 1,750 students represent 46 U.S. states and territories and 43 countries. Ohio Wesleyan is featured in the book “Colleges That Change Lives,” listed on the latest President’s Higher Education Community Service Honor Roll with Distinction, and included in the U.S. News & World Report and Princeton Review “best colleges” lists. Learn more at www.owu.edu.